Oribe at NYFW S/S 2020
We followed Oribe stylists backstage at New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2020 to learn some tips from the experts!
Maryam Nassir Zadeh
Known for her downtown minimalist meets colorful beach aesthetic, Maryam Nassir Zadeh took over Sara D. Roosevelt Park in the Lower East Side. Key stylist, Tamara McNaughton, used Oribe products to create loose braids and messy buns, crowned with a scrunchie and a scarf combo. Get the look in 6 easy steps:
1. Apply Mystify Restyling Spray in small sections (starting at the bottom of the head).
2. Straighten with a flat iron.
3. Create a center part and loosely brush hair back into a ponytail.
4. Wrap the ponytail into a small, undone bun with bobby pins.
5. Apply Volumista Mist for Volume at the roots and pull a few baby hairs out around the crown for an undone look.
6. Wrap a scrunchie around the bun. Tie a scarf around the scrunchie to finish.
1. Prep hair with Foundation Mist to add a little weightless moisture.
2. Part hair at the center and comb back loosely into a ponytail. Secure at the neckline.
3. Run Crème For Style through the ponytail for sheen and brush through.
4. Braid the hair and tie the end. Loosen the braid by stretching out the sides with fingertips.
5. Apply Volumista Mist for Volume to the roots and pull a few baby hairs out around the crown for an undone look.
6. Wrap a scrunchie around the top of the braid. Tie a scarf around the scrunchie to finish.
Sandy Liang’s collection blurred gender lines and used neon, airy garments, and plastic jewelry as a nostalgic nod to our childhood. Key stylist, Dennis Lanni, channeled the 60s with big hair, wigs, a small white bow embellishments. Get the Look:
1. Prep hair with Maximista Thickening Spray and Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse for grit and volume.
2. Style hair into a large bouffant by teasing at the crown and securing with bobby pins.
3. Add color-matching pieces and wigs at the crown for extreme height.
4. Spray Dry Texturizing Spray from mid-shafts to ends and loosely curl hair. Brush curls out for a soft style.
5. Tie white bows onto the hair, concentrating them at the crown.
6. Finish with Superfine Hair Spray for hold.