Oribe at NYFW F/W 2020
The theme of New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2020 was individuality, and it was reflected in the diverse looks Oribe’s hair stylists were able to realize backstage at Cinq à Sept, PRISCAvera, Private Policy, and Asia Fashion Collection. Check out our behind the scenes footage and find out how to get the looks.
Cinq à Sept
This season, Cinq à Sept held its shows at Delmonico’s, the first restaurant in the United States to allow solo female diners. The collection celebrated the modern Renaissance woman with business savvy suits, romantic dresses, vintage-inspired blouses, and snake-skin printed boots by Daniella Shevel. Oribe’s Director of Training & Content Kien Hoang recreated the “no-makeup makeup look for hair” by enhancing the models’ natural curls and textures.
Get the look:
- Section hair horizontally, starting at the nape of the neck.
- Dampen the first section with Mystify Restyling Spray.
- Stretch out the hair by combing through with the fingers.
- Hydrate and smooth with Balm d’Or from roots to ends.
- Create a satin-matte finish with Gold Lust Dry Shampoo.
- Repeat steps 2-5 on each section.
- Use a diffuser to drying hair and seal the ends with a flat iron.
- Lock in the style with Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray.
PRISCAVera’s Fall/Winter 2020 collection was held at the General Society’s Library, in honor of the women through history that have inspired NYC-based womenswear designer Prisca Vera Franchetti. The designs were youthful and fun, and gave us “cool school girl” vibes. Each model had their own individual look and hair style, from braided pigtails to long textured locks. Find out how to re-create the braided pigtails, courtesy of Oribe Educator Mandee Tauber.
Get the look:
- Saturate hair with Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray.
- Flat iron strands for a sleek finish.
- Part hair in the middle and split into two equal sections, leaving out two small pieces at the top.
- Braid each pigtail tightly, starting at the nape of the neck, and secure with elastics.
- Add shine and hold with Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray.
Private Policy’s show at Spring Studios was futuristic, minimalist, and genderless. Monochrome clothing was layered, and pink and purple prints were paired with hand-shaped accessories. Kien Hoang, Oribe Director of Training & Content, created a slicked-back glossy hairstyle for most of the models and embraced natural textures on the runway.
Get the look:
- Apply Supershine Light Moisturizing Cream from mid-shaft to ends.
- Create hold at the roots with Maximista Thickening Spray.
- Use a diffuser t0 direct hair away from the face.
- Create a wet look by applying Crème for Style from roots to ends.
- Use Superfine Strong Hair Spray to create hold.
- Smooth Silverati Illuminating Pomade from the top of the head to the nape of the neck for glossy shine.
Asia Fashion Collection
The Asia Fashion Collection put on a show at Spring Studios, showcasing the work from seven young and promising designers from across Asia: KTOKA by Shiki Cara Kataoka (Japan), VEGAN TIGER by Yang Yoona (South Korea), Ito by Kurumi Ito and Taisho Takenaka (Japan), aNANA tih sayim by Nana Miyashita (Japan), Zizi Shi by Chaohua Shi – Parsons (born in China), Chalisa by Chalisa Anekvorakul (Thailand), SEANNUNG by Liao Sean Nung (Taiwan). Oribe’s Kien Hoang paired simple, sleek braids, parted at the middle to structure the face and add some edge.
Get the look:
- Use Mystify Restyling Spray to heat protect and hydrate hair.
- Split hair into equal sections by parting hair at the center.
- Add Maximista Thickening Spray to the roots and blow dry downwards.
- Sculpt both sections with Curl Gelée for Shine & Definition for sleek definition.
- Create Dutch braids on both sections, covering the tops of the ears.
- Secure the braids with Superfine Strong Hair Spray.
PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN THIS POST
Gold Lust Dry ShampooShop Now
Mystify Restyling SprayShop Now
Maximista Thickening SprayShop Now
Imperméable Anti-Humidity SprayShop Now
Crème for StyleShop Now
Royal Blowout Heat Styling SprayShop Now
Superfine Strong Hair SprayShop Now
Silverati Illuminating PomadeShop Now
Curl Gelée for Shine & DefinitionShop Now